Write the future of modern apps with MyScript handwriting recognition APIs
User interface technologies have come a long way, yet they still force people to interact with devices in a machine-oriented manner. Enter the world of natural user interfaces, one where we leave the old world of WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) and enter the new era of “What You Do Is What You Get”.
MyScript provides an online handwriting recognition engine that instantly converts handwritten input into digitized information that can be easily processed. People can use their fingers, a digital pen or a stylus as an input device on mobile phones, graphical tablets, interactive whiteboards and other interfaces. This revolutionary technology enables easy recognition of mathematical equations, formulas, diagrams and shapes, musical notations in addition to written text. It makes handwritten documents searchable and allows them to be instantly shared between numerous applications.
What kind of apps can I build?
You can build any app you want, whether it is a game, a productivity tool, an education solution or other… Furthermore you can combine in one application the use of multiple handwriting recognition engines such as combining geometrical shapes with maths and text. We recommend you visit the product tour on dev.myscript.com to discover the capabilities of our online (MyScript CDK) and offline (MyScript ATK) API solutions.
We are looking forward to your creative ideas in how you make the best use of our handwriting APIs. Winner will get $10 000, be showcased on the MyScript Developer Portal and will receive support from our PR firm.
Further application examples are visible on our corporate site http://www.myscript.com
Need help with your project? Make sure you visit our developer forum
The challenge is open to:
- Teams of eligible individuals.
- Teams of a minor and his/her Eligible Individual parent or legal guardian only.
- Teams of eligible individuals entering on behalf of organizations or corporations.
The challenge is not open to:
- Submitters who are employed by MyScript or DevPost
- Please view official rules for full details on eligibility.
View official rules
- Create an app that uses the MyScript CDK or the MyScript ATK or update an existing app with one of these. These 2 APIs are available free of charge for non-commercial use after registering on the MyScript Developer portal: http://dev.myscript.com.
Submission Requirements for Challenge - Apps must:
- Be a new application, or, if an existing application, must have integrated MyScript after the start of the submission period.
- Be functional and run as depicted in text description.
- Be in English
- Be substantially different from any other app submitted by the same submitter/team/organization
- Be the original work of the submitter, be solely owned by the submitter, and not violate the IP rights of any other person or entity
- Be provided at no charge for the testing and judging periods
- Submitters must include the Email account connected to MyScript Developer account.
Note: Your iOS app does not need to be in the App Store. To enter an app that isn't in the App Store, use iTunes Connect to invite firstname.lastname@example.org as a beta tester, which will allow our judges to test your app on iPhones and iPads we have at headquarters.
How to enter
- Click “Register” to sign up and receive the latest updates.
- Register on the MyScript Developer Portal and request a free 90 day trial (renewable) of our APIs (CDK and/or ATK) to start developing your app.
- Consult the online documentation to assist you in developing your app.
- Need some help? Visit the MyScript developer forum
- Create your app.
- Submit your app!
Vice President - SMB Cloud & Mobility Practice - IDC
Director Product Management - MyScript
Head, UX Research & Design - MyScript
Director Developer Program - MyScript
Editor - Android Rundown
EVP Engineering - MyScript
Dr. Jon Peddie
President - Jon Peddie Research
Quality of Idea
Does the Application provide a compelling reason to use? Includes creativity and originality;
Implementation of Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the Participant and the extent to which the Application utilizes MyScript API;
Does the Application provide breakthrough ideas on the use of handwriting recognition? ;
Is the Application visually appealing and does it runs smoothly? Is the Application easy to understand and use?